Thursday, October 18, 2007

Legally Argentine!

I met up with the Consul of Argentina today to sign the papers to become an Argentine citizen (my dad is Argentine).. I even got a new birth certificate, although I'm not sure how that works..? When I started the paperwork for this I was told it would take about 6-8 months and 3 years later it was finally ready! The Argentines loooove their red-tape :) I applied for it after being deported from Brasil a few years back (through no fault of my own, the man at the border crossing put the wrong stamp in my passport) and I thought it would come in handy for travelling in the area..

I haven't been back to Argentina in almost two years now, but hopefully I'll have another chance to go sometime soon.. If ever you get the chance I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment